Friday, February 2, 2018

To look at you

Tired but pleased


The sun is shining and I am just home from the studio. I want to go out and explore Edinburgh in the sunshine and celebrate a good week of work. But first, there is the matter of my weekly studio blog. So here we go.

This week was all about finishing up some resting pieces and allowing some resting pieces to tell me they were finished. It was full on and truthfully I am pretty worn out but gratefully so. Last week, I shared the first two of my large works in my new series. This Tuesday, I shared my studio video visit where you can see and learn more about what has happened in the studio since then. Here are the latest paintings in the series (pardon my mobile phone shots, proper photos in the near future).

120x100cm

80x80cm

80x80cm

100x150cm

100x120cm

Honestly, when I woke up this morning, I wasn't sure if I had it in me today and thought about taking the day off but then I bought myself a wee gift of an old album I used to have. It was just the ticket and the work got done.

Thank you to everyone who has had a kind word or shared this latest work. It feels really good to be painting in this way again and your support really helps. Okay, there are about two more hours of proper sunlight left in this day and I aim to get out in it! Until next week, keep fighting and for the love of everything holy, remember that every day you paint is a victory.






No comments:

Post a Comment