Friday, January 26, 2018

Go big or go home



How many times have I tried to make myself small? How many times have I tried to fit in? How many times have I tried to be agreeable? How many times did I try not to rock the boat? How many times did I not play my hand? How many times did I stifle myself out of fear?

Too many times, enough of that. Today's motto is "go big or go home."



Paint big, dream big, live big, and take up space. Take up space and make it beautiful. Take up space and make it bolder. Take up space with pure nothingness. Take up space with the edge of a charcoal smudge. Let the white envelope you and the blackness tell the secrets locked in your heart.



Let the paintings pour right on out. What is enough? You are. Your work is. That black brush stroke, that swath of white, it's enough.

Until next week, keep fighting.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE these, Megan. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Keri, I am glad you like them! Thanks also for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete