Friday, October 14, 2016

The new language

After last Friday's blog I decided I had indeed finished the two large pieces in my latest series. As a result they were documented. So here is the series as it stands now with the completed paintings. There are many more in progress currently but it feels good to share the finished ones as I go.

A change in the frequency
Acrylic on canvas
41x51x4cm/16x20x1.5"
2016 Megan Chapman
All the time it took to remember
Acrylic on canvas
76x51x4cm/30x20x1.5"
2016 Megan Chapman
Out of my mouth come flowers, come barbs
Acrylic on canvas
41x51x4cm/16x20x1.5"
2016 Megan Chapman
The new language
Acrylic on canvas
76x51x4cm/30x20x1.5"
2016 Megan Chapman
In other very exciting news, I was interviewed by artist and art editor, Brian McFie for SOGO magazine. "SOGO magazine is a Scottish based quarterly lifestyle and arts publication, which promotes and provides a platform for Scottish creative industries and communities." It is a beautiful publication based in Glasgow and the Autumn 2016 issue including the piece about my work comes out this weekend. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy! I am honored to have been included. I will have more on this in next week's blog. Here's a wee sneak peek captured from SOGO's facebook page.

While attempting to contain my excitement about the SOGO article I have been working on new small paintings in the studio and walking in the cool autumn weather every chance I get. I am trying to savor the season before the skeleton trees arrive.

I think that's all I have for you this week. Thanks for being part of my art world, it makes the journey so much sweeter. Until next week you know what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment