Friday, May 13, 2016

A shift in the weather

It's been a good week! I worked on my special commission and am feeling satisfied as it nears completion. I shipped an order of 4 prints off from my Etsy shop to a new patron in Edinburgh.

This week my twitter account and work was shared as part of a WOW 24/7 feature11 things to do in Portobello (That's aren't bathing on the beach). #3 on the list mentioned checking out the art at The Tide Gallery and Coffee Shop and just happened to use my tweet from February with images of my work in the gallery.

In other very exciting news, I was interviewed for Edinburgh based, Portfolio Oomph for their meet the artist/teacher feature! I really like what they do to help students get into art school. It's a wonderful site, so please check them out and follow them on social media. You can read my interview here. It's not often I am asked to write my own epitaph... 

Stewart graciously photographed my latest paintings for me this week so I could share them with you all here on my blog and social media. I am very happy to present the beginning of my latest series, A shift in the weather.  

Turning inward
30x30" 
Acrylic, charcoal on canvas 
© 2016 Megan Chapman

Fleeting
30x30" 
Acrylic, charcoal on canvas 
© 2016 Megan Chapman

A shift in the weather
30x30" 
Acrylic, charcoal on canvas 
© 2016 Megan Chapman

I can still see you there
36x24"
Acrylic, charcoal on canvas
© 2016 Megan Chapman


Hiding in plain sight
16x20"
Acrylic, charcoal on canvas 
© 2016 Megan Chapman

My heart divided
16x20"
Acrylic, charcoal on canvas 
© 2016 Megan Chapman

Darkness comes in stages
12x48"
Acrylic, charcoal on canvas
© 2016 Megan Chapman



Wishing to remember 
39x59"
Acrylic, charcoal on canvas 
© 2016 Megan Chapman
Thanks for joining me again this week. Until next time, keep fighting...the world needs you and your art!

No comments:

Post a Comment