Saturday, February 8, 2014

Handmade love

This week was dominated by snow and I loved it. I like it when the town slows down, I feel more creative and I like it when everyone else is also inside and the cars stop rushing around and everyone is a bit more contemplative. I live a very quiet, inside life most of the time. I never know where everyone is going or why. I am pretty content with my music and my dreams. I also like the challenge of making something from nothing as is the case when one has been unable to get groceries for a while. Everything seems more creative.

So I took the time to create some cards. You could call them valentines even but they could be given at any time of year, I just happened to make them this month. I found a very icy playlist to go with the cold weather and got to writing and it seems I fell into a trance. It was lovely.

My art, when it is really good, comes from not just me but a place outside and above me. It comes from some pure light place of truth where things are quite clear and honest. To feel this kind of energy is a pure joy and I serve as the conduit and everything comes sharp and fast. That is what happened this week. I was reminded of how good it feels to be present and receiving and then out tumbled these fourteen cards.

secret words
sold
a deep breath
sold

glitter
sold

my favorite mittens
sold

yet to come
available

long time home
available

untold journeys
sold

golden light
available

first fire of winter
sold

sugar in my tea
available

frozen lake
available

the moment
sold

my favorite old book
available

under the swallows
available

The back of the cards are signed and dated in pencil. The insides are blank for your secrets.

Handmade Love : When an ordinary card just won't do...

These horizontal folded cards are 5x 6.5" on cream card stock and include an envelope. They are made from locally sourced vintage book paper, printed words, red stitches and are one of a kind, hand-crafted and blank inside. These would look good framed or in a shadow box after giving. The vintage paper and words are mounted with acid free mounting squares so that the paper floats a bit above the card stock.

I have been selling these from my facebook page currently, however I may put them in my Etsy shop eventually. Feel free to contact me or leave a comment to inquire about purchasing one. $15/card

Thanks for joining me today. Next week I will talk about the shows I have coming up, two in Edinburgh and one in Fayetteville and all of them kicking off later this month! It has been a very affirming time creatively, let's hope it continues and allows me to pay my bills as well.

You know what to do. Keep fighting!

Love,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment