Saturday, October 5, 2013

Needs must.


Things have been busy and productive this week in my art world. "Necessity is the mother of invention" has been the saying that has gone through my head off and on all week and it seems to be working. Fellow artist and dear friend Jennifer Libby Fay and I have been back at it with our organized weekly online art meetings. This has been extremely helpful for the both us.

This week I picked up some much needed art supplies from Dick Blick. It was a bit overwhelming to be in such a large art supply store at first, however slowly but surely I found my way around and the supplies I needed. I picked up some watercolor paper, colored pencils, drawing pencils, paint, tape and varnish.

I had my business cards created solely for my Etsy shop this week, designed by the ever talented Stewart Bremner. I have never had cards just for my shop before, this seems like an important part of bringing my shop to the forefront. I should get them soon. I am very excited to see them.

I also had 18 archival fine art prints made of some of my recent work created. I am looking forward to seeing them when they get here and getting them into my Etsy shop as soon as possible. Many people have asked me about creating more prints of my work and I am so glad that I will be able to provide these new works at an affordable price for many to enjoy.

Besides all of these nuts and bolts, I also managed to paint a small piece. It may never see the light of day but it was a good start on an idea I have been carrying around in my head for awhile. I hope to have some new original art to show by next week as well.

Everyday we paint is a victory... yes it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment