Monday, September 2, 2013

The one where I post my Friday blog on a Monday...

My solo exhibition at the Abbey Mount Centre

Everything is winding down and these six months are almost over for me here in Edinburgh. It seems unreal but at the same time when I look back at all I have experienced, tried, witnessed, created and learned it had to be over a period of six months. 

The art is down from the gallery walls, the studio is cleaned up and the key is returned. I am doing last minute tourist things and trying to spend as much time with Stewart as I can before I leave on the 12th. 

My studio keys returned
I am trying to take one day at a time and savor each one. I don't yet want to weed through my stuff and think about what I need to pack, leave, or ship back. I don't want to think about any of that. I see events coming up in Edinburgh that I will miss in the near future and it makes me sad. I have to figure out a way to come back here. Thinking and dreaming of this keeps me going.

I love it here. I love who I am here. I love what I can do and see here. I love how I am understood and supported here. I love how the wind feels on my face here and the colors in the shrubs and the sky. I love the women's voices as they talk on the bus. I love the "Hiya!" from the bartendress when I walk into the Tourmalet to get a drink. I love the stacked and layered buildings, the cobbles and knowing that the sea is near.

I love all my patrons and supporters for giving me this opportunity. I love them for supporting me for the past six months and for allowing me to have a better quality of life with less stress and more time to work on my art than I have had in years. I will never forget it. 

I have nine more days here and I aim to make them long, slow and lovely. 

With love and gratitude, 

Megan




No comments:

Post a Comment