Thursday, December 8, 2011

When I look into the future (I see this)

 
Sure of It, mixed media, 30x30cm £270 © 2011 Megan Chapman 
Currently available through UNION gallery

Hello Blog Readers!

I was in Hot Springs last Friday (hence my post being late) for my opening for A Certain Trajectory at the Blue Moon Gallery. The turnout was lovely. I really enjoyed being back down at the gallery for the first time in several years. It was wonderful to see my friends and fellow artists down there as well as talk to all the art lovers out for gallery walk! My exhibition is up through the month so if you are passing though the Hot Springs area please don't miss it. There are several affordable pieces still available.

I am so thrilled to be a part of the Winter Wonderland exhibition at UNION gallery in Edinburgh, Scotland. Four of my recent paintings from my Sometimes I love you and other stories series will be included in this exhibition. The opening is tomorrow night, December 8th so if you are Edinburgh please go! Stewart Bremner has six pieces showing there as well. I can't wait to see a photographs of the exhibition! That will make it even more real for me. It truly is a highlight of my career as an artist.

From UNION gallery's website, "A wonderful, mixed exhibition of work from some of the gallery’s regular exhibitors, including new work from award-winning artists Colin Brown and Audrey Grant, Janet Melrose RSW and Trevor Jones. We are also delighted to be exhibiting work from the nomadic painter Tadeusz Deregowski along with Olivia Irvine, Stewart Bremner and, new to the gallery, American artist Megan Chapman." Winter Wonderland: 8 December 2011 - 24 January 2012

In other news, Stewart and I have another combined exhibition scheduled for which we will create all new paintings! We are very excited about this opportunity. There is so much to do before all that, but it is exciting to have it in the back of our minds, we look forward to the challenge!

I am still having my half off holiday sale of my older color works, please contact me if you would like more information on any of the pieces you see here. I also have some affordable small works on paper available in my Etsy shop ArtMaven.

I think that is about all I have to report. Thank you for reading my blog, checking in on facebook, twitter and for coming to my shows. You make my path so much brighter.


Holiday Giveaway Alert! Leave a comment on today's entry and be entered to win a small piece of my art! I will randomly draw a winner and announce it on Friday, December 9th!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on both exhibitions, Megan! You are a truly amazing artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all the recent shows and new projects. Thank you for sharing your path with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on these well-deserved and exciting achievements! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly admire your work and you so deserve these recongnitions. Your art is especially captivating to me since part of my life mirrors part of yours.

    Mitzi Miller

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon Simmons

    Congratulations on all your lovely exhibitions and accomplishments. Your paintings are silent poetry. You have given us your art and soul!

    (Sharon had some issues with commenting, so I had to post it for her)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't enter in time but wanted to say congratulations :)) And a lovely blog, first time I visit!!
    Kisses,
    Despina
    xx

    ReplyDelete