Friday, November 4, 2011

Art update!


 
 he did the impossible 
© 2011 Megan Chapman 
sold

I have been hammered with work (not painting) as the Underground morphs into a new organization. We are a dedicated group of individuals who have worked too hard to make the Underground what it has become today to let it slide or fade away. We are all exhausted and yet at the same time deeply encouraged by the support of the community. I could write a lot about this experience and one day I am sure I will, but I thought I might return the focus to my art career for a split second.

So, here is my news. In December I will be having a solo exhibition at the Blue Moon Gallery in Hot Springs, Arkansas. It will be my first exhibition in three years at the gallery that has represented me since 2004. They have always shown my color work and have stood by me as my work has progressed and changed over the years, I am glad that I will be able to show some of my newer white series work in that part of the state. This exhibition will be a combination of my two most recent bodies of work, Falling into Sound and Sometimes I love you and other stories. I will be coming up with a title soon and picking just the right pieces to go together for this exhibition. I hope you will join me in Hot Spring for First Friday gallery walk December 2 from 5-9. It has been awhile since I have been down for a gallery walk so I am very excited. I hope I can get some of my fellow Underground studio mates to join me down there.

Also, in December I have been invited to show several works from my Sometimes I love you and other stories series in a gallery in Edinburgh, Scotland! I am very excited that some of these recent works will be shown at the Union Gallery in their annual Christmas show. I am sad I won't be traveling with them, but all in good time....

In other news, I just received word that two of my paintings. Home and He did the impossible, from my most recent series will be published in the winter edition of CALYX journal. CALYX is a journal that has been publishing fine art and literature by women since 1976. I am thrilled.

So, while I am currently not painting much my career as an artist keeps on moving forward. I know soon, I will have the time and the space to work again in the way I am accustomed, but first I must help as artists of the underground find a new home and get settled. Thanks for stopping by and for always reading, thinking, talking to me about my work. Your support is instrumental to my success. 

Have you helped morph the org yet? You can hear my fellow studio mate, Sabine Schmidt and me in a recent radio interview about the Underground artists and how we are morphing the org by clicking here. 

We are all in this together. Keep fighting, the world needs your art.






No comments:

Post a Comment