Friday, June 16, 2017

Soon to get serious (again)

Tidy Studio
I spent this week in the studio cleaning it up and organizing my materials. It always feels good to touch all my tools and get everything back in order before I begin a new project.

I also got caught up with last week's blog post and filmed my usual Tuesday Studio Video Visit for my facebook page. I dipped my toes in the Jackson Pollock module in the MOMA course.

Besides these art related things, I did manage to prepare and start working on an art book. Something I have not done since 1999. For those of you relatively new to my blog, here are a few images from my old books series from 1999.





I have always loved the texture of working on paper. The idea of working in a space that is to be closed up, contained and then opened to experience the art within appeals to me. I went into detail about this in my Tuesday art video, so check it out from the link above if you haven't already.

The book I started this week has a good sturdy front cover. The yellowy pages and small vintage type appealed to me and it seemed like the perfect choice for an art book. It's early days yet, so we will see how the piece (or pieces) progress within the book. Here are a couple of photos of the beginning of the process.



I have set Monday as the day where I will get serious again. I need to regroup over the weekend, order some larger canvas and start painting like there is no tomorrow. Thanks as always for checking in and being part of the process.

Until next week, just know that the world needs you and your art. Perhaps now, more than ever. Keep fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment