Friday, May 19, 2017

The storm in my head and other people's art



This past week was all about migraines. Every day for six days. I decided it was a type of shamanic journey I just needed to take. So I listened to the storm in my brain until I came out the other side.

I remembered the value of yoga and meditation and returned to them again. I remembered the value of making space within. Thanks to a dear friend I was reminded to no longer water the rocks in my life. So I watered (and visited) a friend and sat in the glorious sun of her incredible garden. All of these things, plus an appointment with a doctor made me feel a whole lot better. Also, I now own a Ukulele and that has to be good!



This week, I also enjoyed seeing a friend, Ever Dundas realize a dream and speak about her debut novel, Goblin like an old pro in the beautiful setting of the grand old Edinburgh Central Library. These things were good for my soul. Celebrating other people's hard work, seeing their efforts pay off, to be a witness as they put their art into the world is a joy.

The storm in my head is now quiet and for the moment so is my studio, but I have a feeling the winds of change will be blowing in soon.

Thanks for checking in and being part of this experience. Until next week, keep fighting, the world needs you and your art.

No comments:

Post a Comment