Friday, July 29, 2016

Catching glances



This week in the studio started with painting a table I found on the street (well, actually in a rubbish bin) a bright magenta. The same magenta that has been showing up in my paintings lately. I was delighted with the results.
I also found a room dividing screen on the street that will also be painted (probably orange) but that is not what this blog is about. Although being an artist and living a beautiful life because of trash turned into treasure is relevant. Let's just say my life is very found object.

My studio and my colorworld have been my refuge of late. I have been enjoying making the studio even more of a place that I want to be no matter if I am painting or just sitting thinking about painting. It's important to spend time near the work, near the materials, just catching glances, to flirt with and to keep an eye on the paintings as they converse. Sometimes they will show you the way forward while you are looking away but are still near.


Currently I have four 30x20" canvases on the go as part of the new bright series which is yet to be named. These four will accompany the two 16x20" canvases that I have recently shared here. I am enjoying watching the series build and look forward to ordering more canvases soon.

I have been ramping up my social media presence on Facebook and Twitter, trying to provide more regularly scheduled content to my patrons and hopefully reach a wider audience. I enjoy feeling more connected to not only patrons but other artists.


As you may remember, last week I introduced my new limited edition prints to the world. It's all a bit of an experiment to see if there is a demand for them and how they are received. Time will tell. If you like my work, I do hope you will support it. I always try to keep a range of my work accessible.

I am grateful to so many who have supported me over the years, I know these are lean times for us all. I also know that it is during these times when art is it's most important. We all need a refuge, a place of beauty and wonder. We all need a connection and art provides this.

Until next week, keep fighting for what you believe in; for what you savor and what delights you. You will be richly rewarded and so will the world.

****

This is where you can find and buy my work:

Limited edition prints of a selection of works £15 on Etsy. Small originals on canvas and paper £60-85 on Etsy.

Small originals on canvas at Cuppola Contemporary Art in Sheffield, England £85.

Large paintings on canvas at Union Gallery, in Edinburgh £720.

No comments:

Post a Comment