Sunday, October 12, 2014

Meanwhile back in Arkansas… Art News!

I was going through papers, making countless trips to the donation and recycling center to clear my house before the big move. I could have just blown off the opportunity and said I was too overwhelmed to participate but that really isn’t my style. Instead, I sat myself down to get my latest paintings “show ready” two days before the gallery deadline. This all happened the week I left Fayetteville to come to Edinburgh…

It felt good to switch gears, get paint on my shirt and have an art moment in my soon to be old studio in the midst of chaos. It was good to be reminded that I was more than moving boxes, yard sales and overwhelmed tears. I was still an artist with deadlines, exhibitions and responsibilities. I am always grateful for the opportunity to show and share my work and this instance was no exception.

I am very pleased to be part of this impressive group exhibition, featuring some of the best abstract artists from around Arkansas; Dustyn Bork, Justin Bowles, Megan Chapman, Donnie Copeland, Sam King, Don Lee, Sammie Peters and Steven Wise.

Abstract ARt- features contemporary modes of painting, drawing, and printmaking exploring the theme of abstraction.The exhibition runs from September 22 – October 31 in the Kresge Gallery in the Alphin Humanities Building at Lyon College in Batesville, Arkansas. If you are in or around the area please stop by before October 31st to catch the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment