Saturday, November 19, 2011

Gratitude

 

A sneak peak of my upcoming exhibition,  A Certain Trajectory 
December 2011 Blue Moon Gallery Hot Springs Arkansas.


Dear Lovely Readers,

As some of you may have noticed, I skipped a week. I am not pleased about this but that is how it has to be sometimes. Life got in the way and I was happy to let it. I hope you all have been well in your art worlds and lives. Today, I just wanted to remind myself of some things and share some positive aspects of being an artist. I am grateful and here are some of the reasons why.

1. I have been showing my art in galleries since 1995. In those sixteen years I have been in over twenty featured and solo exhibitions and in over thirty group shows.

2. My work has been allowed to grow and change over these years because I have had good mentors in my life as well as friends, fellow artists and people around me who have supported, influenced and inspired me and encouraged my growth.

3. My art has put me in contact with lovely and diverse people all over the country and the world. My understanding of the world has been broadened because of art.

4. I am able to support myself doing what I know I am on the planet to do. I am able to express my inner most dreams, fears, secrets as well as passions and share them and give an image to feelings many viewers might not be able to express.

I am grateful for a lot more than this, but this seems like a good start.

In other news, I have been thinking about a new series of works. I am quite excited about the concepts, and truly I am just excited to be thinking of art again. I have been so caught up in the logistics of art and arts organizations that my work and that part of my brain have taken a back seat.

Soon the work will pour out of me again and I can't wait to share it with you. Thank you for being a part of it all.

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment