Friday, December 7, 2007

Secrets Revealed

Last night, I walked into Remy Fine Art in the Town Club in Ft. Smith, and I was stunned. I enjoyed my exhibit as a viewer might for the first few moments. My work looked brand new to me, the colors on the canvases sparked off each other. A selection of rich oranges, deep blues and golds drew me in. Everything miraculously fit the space perfectly. When I paint and gather work together for an exhibit, I rarely know how the work will fit in the space. When I walk into a venue and see the work filling the space perfectly and all the pieces are playing off each other in a way that seems to make perfect sense; I know there is magic operating in the world, and I am lucky to be a part of it. That magic exists in the gallery owner's vision for my work as they hang it, the things that I can't see anymore, they discover. They let the work speak to them in words that I can no longer hear since I am too close to the work. It really is a thrill for an artist.

PJ and Steve Robowski's beautiful and unique stained glass pieces were a treat for me as well, and I am pleased we had the opportunity to exhibit together. A big thank you goes out to Jeanne Parham and her assistants at Remy Fine Art, you really know how to put together a great show. I completely enjoyed myself, and it was great to meet and speak with everyone there at the opening about my work.

For those of you who can't make it to the show, I would love to share my work with you here. If you see pieces you are interested in or would like more information about my work, please contact Jeanne Parham. Secrets Revealed, will be on display from December 6- January 18. Gallery hours are Tuesday-Friday 12-5 and by appointment. Remy Fine Art is located in the Town Club at 720 Garrison Ave. in Ft. Smith Arkansas.











* The slide show with this post is now out of date. Many of these works may still be available for purchase. Please check my website to find out their current location and my most up to date gallery affiliations. www.meganchapman.com

4 comments:

  1. I saw your show at DDP Gallery and heard about the Remy show on KXUA.
    I was at the DDP opening last night and I, unfortunately, don't make it to Ft. Smith too often. In a fortunate twist of events, I will be dining at the new Sky Bar this evening. I'll check our your pieces there as well. I really enjoy your work. I work at the Community Imagination Studio here in Fayetteville. It is a non profit community art studio.
    I hope you can stop by and check it out sometime.

    Susana O'Daniel
    susana@youthcaninc.org
    communityimaginationstudio.org (this site is in the process of being completely rebuilt)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan these paintings are beautiful - I can only imagine how more amazing they look in real life. The way you describe the gallery and how your works look there makes me want to make the trek to see it live. Just looking at the slide show I am especially drawn to "volcanic" and also "flirtation."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about seeing for the first time or looking brand new, i'm sure, like me, you spend many hours, days, weeks, months with your paintings and you stop seeing them objectively.
    Only when they are presented in a new environment with different lighting do you see them for themselves, the original idea.
    Your exhibition sounds really wonderful.
    (but for some reason I can't see any images beneath your post?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete